Thursday, April 2, 2009

BEDA #1: April Fools Fail

This post really should have been done yesterday, Australia time. However, if we want to go by GMT, I do believe I have a few more hours. Or is that PST? I forget...

In any case, I -technically- fail in regards to myself. Yes? No? I'm confused.

Right, onto the proper blogging. I suppose this one can be a little intro into the world of BEDA.

BEDA stands for 'Blogging Every Day in April'. It was founded by the lovely Maureen Johnson, author of books such as "Suite Scarlett" (which you should buy). It originated from a Twitter suggestion, I think? Or she suggested it and it was @replied by a gajillion people saying yes, she should. Either way it has now expanded into this huge event thanks to the Nerdfighters. Most people are blogging, but there are a few VEDA's (vlogging) such as the ever-hilarious Lord Nerimon.

Erm. I think that is it for the basis. You should check out the linkie to Alyson in the side bar; she's doing it too.

Twenty Minutes Later:
In my travels to discover whether Marion and Sarah are doing this too, I ended up finding the following on Sarah's LJ -
"The first five people that respond to this post will get something made by me. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
- What I create will be just for you.
- It will be done this year.
- You have no idea what it's going to be. It may be a mix tape. It may be fic, or a poem. I may draw or paint something. I might bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange (you really should be worried at this point).The catch is you must post this in your journal if you ask me to do something for you."
So, I am taking Sarah up on this offer. Which therefore means that the first five people to comment on this post will also get a little something made by me. Hurrah!
That's probably long enough... onto DAY TWO!
KBai!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to try to go for BEDA, even if I'm slightly behind. (It's 12:31 pm on the 2nd here. Fail on my part. :|)

Yay for memes. :D