Tuesday, September 16, 2008

An Odd Question...

So, today, I'm doing the lovely tea scene from The Importance of Being Earnest for my latest drama performace, and I have to say I am partnered with possibly the dumbest (or perhaps a politer way to put it is 'not quite with it') person I have ever met. She's very endearing... but I cannot help but wonder if she is for real. Here's a quote from today.

We're walking along to see if there is a room free to practise in. I'm wearing my Robbie Williams' concert tee and jeans, she is wearing a bright yellow op-shop dress.

Her: So, are you like... emo?
Pause. Long awkward pause.
Inner Me: Erm... hold up! Did... did she just ask... if... if I was emo? For real? Like... srsly?!
Pause some more as I come to the realisation that yes, yes she did.
Me: (clearly shocked and slightly offended that my identity was misconstrued in such a way) Erm, no.
Her: Oh. 'Cause I was just wondering 'cause you wear a lot of black.
Me: Not really, I just have a couple of black t-shirts. I do wear other colours.
Inner Me: Yeah... plus I don't have skinny jeans, any piercings, an 'emo' hairstyle or thick black eye makeup. Ever.

Not that being an emo is bad. Just if she knew me, she'd know I'm pretty far from that scene. The closest I'd go is liking Panic! At The Disco's first albulm (which was dubbed 'emo' by Channel V, but really I don't see it).

Actually this is a little long, I think I may post yesterday in a separate blog (note, I did so below, for timeline sake).
kthnxbai.

No comments: