Monday, September 22, 2008

MAD Day One

I figure I should document my Musical Workshop journey this week, but I'll try and keep it shorter than my Ryan post :S

So, today was pretty awesome. At first I was a little afraid I'd be the only newbie, but there were actually quite a few according to Kristen, so that made me feel a little better :D

I met quite a few new people, all of who are awesome.

We quickly learnt 'There's No Business (Like Show Business)'. Which is a surprisingly high arrangement. But I'll deal. It's just not where I would rather sing. Then we learnt 'You Can't Stop The Beat', which I sang the low part for (aparently I'm an alto), so that what much easier.

Later in the day we learnt the dance to 'Show Business', and somehow... I don't know how... but I've managed to be placed at the front for the middle section of the song. It's a triangle formation, and myself and another girl are at the front. Aargh! But the routine to that is fairly simple, so I shouldn't stuff up majorly. *shakes fist at Callum*

Then we did a brief character workshop... but it was fairly similar to Uni stuff, so in hindsight I wish I had picked the Character Voice workshop... I think I would have enjoyed that more.

To Be Continued...

No comments: